Cross Brower Support

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM

With CRM 2011 R8 service update, CRM will support Firefox, Chrome, Safari beside IE. Does this script library support all of them? Any plan to use JQuery?

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Hey There.

That will be definately on the list for future development to support multiple explorer. However, not at this moment.

At some stage, i would like to move it to JQuery as well.

Cheers,

Jaimie

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Jaimie,

I re-wrote the _doRequest method to function with jQuery.  Now there's no more IE-specific stuff in there (although I haven't had the time to test it on the R8-beta).  I can send you the file if you'd like.

It wasn't too much work.  I did end up adding an errorCallback to the execute method.  This was the only method I needed so I didn't implement it in all methods.  I'd also consider doing away with synchronous support.  As of jQuery 1.8, async:false requests are depreciated.

Ray

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Hey There.

I am currently working on the upgrade to support cross browser as well as the integration with jQuery. Obviously, there are things to consider for me to introduce jQuery and how much i should introduce the integration with jQuery like you pointed out.

Thanks very much for your support of the library. It would be great if you want to be part of the upgrade and contribute your knowledge.

Best Regards,

Jaimie

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Microsoft just released a new tool to check code for the upcoming release.  it did find some potential problems with the tool kit.  if you install the solution from the below link and then open the solution after you import it you can check the toolkit for yourself. 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2012/06/21/microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-custom-code-validation-tool-released.aspx

Below is a summary of what is does not like

The occurrence of .selectSingleNode was located 17 time(s) in this web resource.
The occurrence of .text was located 45 time(s) in this web resource.
The occurrence of ActiveXObject( was located 1 time(s) in this web resource.
The occurrence of .childNodes.length was located 5 time(s) in this web resource.
The occurrence of .firstChild was located 2 time(s) in this web resource.
The occurrence of .childNodes[ was located 54 time(s) in this web resource.

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Hey there.

I have been using the tool to do the upgrade. :)

Thanks anyway,

Jaimie