Change Request: return ID value in format "{UpperCase}"

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Using Xrm.Page Script APIs, ID values are in this format: "{643EA0BC-FB08-E211-B27F-005056B70007}"

XrmServiceToolkit returns ID in this format: "643ea0bc-fb08-e211-b27f-005056b70007"

To make XrmServiceToolkit working nicely with Xrm.Page scripts, please make all ID values in this format: "{UpperCase}".

Thanks a lot!

Very good JS CRM Library if not the best of all. Appreciate your effort and time.

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Hi Kevin.

Glad to help.

As you might see already, it is not always the case that the GUID ID will be generated with curly brackets.

As I remember, there is a part of the logic in the toolkit where the curly brackets will be trimmed out to also pass the GUID ID to fetchXml and other functions.

It should not matter if the GUID ID is uppercase or not though.

I will have a look at the problem later when I have a bit more time.

Glad you like the toolkit.

Regards,

Jaimie

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Hi Jaimie,

I'm heavy user of your toolkit. I use it because of it's functionalities and code quality. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Two reasons to make GUID values are "{UpperCase}", first, it will be same as XRM script model; second, it will make CRM Javascript code base consisent in all places.

But I will leave you to investigate and decide if you'd like to change it in the toolkit - this could be code break changes for existing toolkit users - if you decide to change it - the sooner the better :-)

Best regards,

Kevin